Excellence in Project Delivery supported by experience and recognized thought leadership has put ROC Members in the leadership roles of some of our clients?most strategic projects.
- ROC’s Team was awarded the One Person One Record (OPOR) Application Maintenance and Support contract by the Province of New Brunswick’s Department of Health. This multi-year award includes OPOR systems operations maintenance, user support, third party software upgrades, new features development, systems reprogramming for efficiencies and security.
- ROC’s roster member provided the leadership as Project Manager of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) solution for the Province of New Brunswick responsible for the procurement, development and implementation of the solution.
- ROC was awarded overall Project Management of the Drug Information System for the Province of New Brunswick acting on behalf of its Department of Health.
- ROC professionals assumed key leadership positions in the areas of project management, business analysis, quality assurance and change management to the industry partner delivering the New Brunswick Department of Health's vision to plan and implement an interoperable Drug Information System (DIS) within its Electronic Health Record (EHR) infrastructure.
- ROC was awarded Project Management responsibility by the Province of New Brunswick’s Department of Finance to provide project delivery leadership over the multi-year initiative to modernize the province’s Property Assessment and Taxation System.
- ROC’s resources were chosen by New Brunswick’s Internal Services Agency to develop the business case for the acquisition of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) package.
- ROC’s subject matter expertise in shared services operations and governance was drawn on by the industry partner to the largest government transformation project in the UK as a part of the Service Birmingham development team.
- ROC members assumed leadership positions in the design and implementation of Electronic Service Delivery for US State governments, as well as multi-channelled, citizen access to government services through one-stop-shop service delivery agencies for governments in Canada and the United Kingdom.